Tuesday, October 13, 2009

November 23, 2007 - Better Things To Do...

Today I woke up feeling like an a**. I was supposed to go shopping for my step mom because there was a sale at JC Penny's, but I woke up too late and missed out. Then I was standing around thinking about what to wear for a half hour. Then I ate some crappy food and walked around the block. It smelled really bad.

But, after wasting most of my morning, I figured out that there are better things to do with my time than focus on myself. Sitting around the house isn't so bad when I stop thinking about myself. Instead, I went to persecution.com and researched how I can sponsor a child in a third-world country that needs food, water, shelter, health care, and Jesus. Its not nearly as good as going to whatever country and interacting with the children face-to-face, but its the second best thing. $25 is a small price to pay for another person's soul. Thank God this life is not about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment