Tuesday, October 13, 2009

July 5, 2007 - Faith...

Each day I realize more and more that faith doesn't come easily when you are alone. Being near and seeing or even hearing about others whose faith is strong reminds me that there are good people in the world and God does do great things. Their faith reminds me that I too need to keep my faith and keep it strong. When I am alone, I suck myself into my thoughts and warp things in my head or over think them and end up confused and lost. Even prayers seem empty after a while. But even one good word from one of my many brothers and sisters across this earth instills in me a need to renew my faith and keep on going. When I am without fellowship, I don't realize how far I've strayed from the path until I see another part of my family in the faith. It amazed me how blind I become when I am not surrounded by others that somehow know how to keep me on track. By the grace of God I have such wonderful family and to think, there are thousands more for me to meet! Somewhere in this world there are people who I still have not met who are my brothers and sisters in Christ, and many more that may one day become a part of our large family. It makes me so inexplicably excited to know that there are people I have not met but already have a bond with. I would love to meet every one of them and shake their hand and smile at them. To know that the relationship I have with people is deeper than the surface and deeper even than the heart is so strengthening and powerful. It is the people I meet, whether Christian or not, that remind me how important faith is. I have met so many people who are so wonderful and constantly remind me that there are good things to live for on this earth. Though, I will admit, there are times when I meet people who make me question the integrity of the world. Those people are the ones that I worry about most of all. I don't want to see them continue to lead lives filled with bitterness and unhappiness. I too am still working on ridding my heart of those feelings, but some of those people are not even trying and that is what makes my heart truly mourn. Those are the people that I pray to God for. I want everyone to be able to embrace eachother in a genuine, true way, no matter what race or religion or sexual orientation, or gender, or whatever other ways we have come up with to descriminate against people. People strenghten each other as well as tear each other down. That's why when I see my brothers and sisters standing up for what they believe and doing good things for the world genuinly, I regain heart and begin again to strive for the life I know is right. My faith is restored in those people and in what they do. Whoever said 'it doesn't matter what I do, I will never make a difference' was wrong. Every action and every gesture makes a difference for some person somewhere. Personally, I pray that God will strengthen me and help me watch my actions so that they are as good as possible and as positive as possible so that when people see me, they will see God and they will see happiness and hope and friendliness. I want to make a good difference in people's lived, a positive impact on the world. Sometimes I slip up and my examples aren't so good, but God help me to do better. Every slip up I make could affect someone in the wrong way. God thank you for all the people I meet, yes ALL the people. Some leave a more positive footprint than others, but all are worth meeting. Thank you for the people who build me up and build others up whether with their hands and actions they do or their words and the things they say. God, thank you for every day of life, for with each new day comes new people to meet and a new chance to leave a positive impact on the world. Thank you for all the people that I haven't met yet that are doing great things I don't even know about. Thank you. Thank you for your spirit that lives in our bodies, the most wonderful gift you have ever given us. Thank you for your son, who gives us this new chance every second of our lives to make ourselves better and who helps us become more like himself. Thank you for the love and affection you have placed in my heart for people and I pray that you would allow me to keep it there and not forget that all people are here by your will and have a purpose for you. I pray that through me and my brothers and sisters in You we would help them find their purpose and help them find their happiness. God, you are more wonderful than anything on this earth. Help me to remember that everything here, including our bodies, will someday no longer be existant, that all of it has no meaning. Sometimes I get so attached to things and have to continually remind myself not to because none of it is really important. Only You are important and only living our lives as best we can for you is what matters. God, continue to show me yourself through the world around me and through your word and through others who also have faith in you, and even through those who don't. Everyone is beautiful in their own way by You whether or not they believe in You. For you are kind even to your enemies Lord, and I thank you that by some small amount of faith in you we too are able to be kind to our enemies in order to be better in You. Thank you, Lord, thank you. Endless praise and thanks to your beautiful name and the name of your son. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment