Thursday, October 15, 2009

Facebook Edition: December 23, 2008 - Life's Just A Lesson, You Learn It When You're Through...

A very important someone told me very recently that "entire segments of life are a stretch right now." A stretch. How well put.
Things, particularly one thing, one thing called life, is wearing extremely thin. The delicate fabric is about to break and only a handful have noticed. Tied to their spines, like puppet strings, hooked to the slimy film of life. Encircling it, they walk outward, stretching, stretching, the resistence heavy and thick as their bodies. But no one seems to notice that it gets harder each time their foot hits the floor.
No one seems to notice that their spines are about to snap, the string is about to unravel, the film about to burst.
Life used to mean so much to them...to you...to me.
And then we all turned around. Took it from its cradle and hooked it to our bony backs, through the skin, emaciated and white. Black eyes stared uselessly and blindly as we looked at each other one last time and walked out, walked away from everything and everyone. Occassionally the glimpse of light caught someone's eye, here or there, and they turned for just a moment, just long enough to gaze back at that slimy membrane as it tugged at its people's flesh. And then...almost reluctantly...but faithful as ever, to the mindless call of isolation, they turned again...and started walking. Slowly, step by step as the burden grew greater, heavier.
And now a couple, maybe one or two, have turned around and looked at each other. The crowd moves outward still, but several of its links are reluctant, stubborn...

There is still much more to be decided. I wish you could see what I see in my head, this picture that I have. Its dismal, yes, dark and unpleasant. But what did you expect? My head isn't full of rainbows and ponies. Its full of paradoxes and contradictions...things that work when they shouldn't and are beautiful when they're not supposed to be.
Wake up! Everything is like some sick circus...
A beautiful, demented, twisted, sadistic, wonderful circus that God created to be much better than I make it sound.

God help me yet to be the person that you want me to be.
Right now, more than ever, I need to reach up to you...not have you bend down for me. I'm not trying my hardest, I know I'm not. I can do better, and I will do better.

A Servant

No comments:

Post a Comment