Tuesday, October 13, 2009

December 16, 2006 - Don't Even Ask...

The chair bled shadows

As it sat in its corner

Partially obscured by the off white stucco of the doorway

It made sense

After all, why shouldn't it?

Looking back

15

It stood less idle than several seconds before

As if tensed in waiting

Its fibrous muscles contracted and ready to swallow

I sat

My own muscles drawn and tense

21

Dare I look closer?

My mind said peek

But my body said no

Don't let it see you, don't let it see you

25

Don't move

Just sit where you are

If it doesn't see you

You'll be safe

27

No, no

Wrong entirely

It already knows where you are

But you sit still anyway?

You know it tempts you to look closer

To peek around the corner

31

Be strong! Be strong

Resist tempation and sit tight till He arrives

34

He'll give you strength enough to fight it off

So sit tight

Sit tight...

No comments:

Post a Comment