Thursday, October 15, 2009

Facebook Edition: December 17, 2008 - Music, Not Just Words

It is said that words are the overflow of the heart. What comes out of your mouth is what lives in your heart. Currently, I am finding that this is true and then some.
The then some is a not a new revelation for me...I know what one of those then some's is.

What I am now realizing with greater clarity is that what comes out of your mouth matters just as much as what comes out of your headphones...

The things that spew from headphones and are absorbed into the head are not to be overlooked. Lately, the music I have been listening to has been...less than pleasant. And it doesn't do anything for me. The feelings I have while listening to this music is fleeting...intense, but fleeting (and oh so meaningless, I am realizing).

Yet, when I listen to music that speaks to my heart, I am strengthened and encouraged. The feeling of rot and atrophy that I am barely conscious of, the slight irritation is presents, begins to heal and I feel content, whole, at peace.

Take whatever you will from this little note. It is hear to be thought about.

No comments:

Post a Comment