Tuesday, October 13, 2009

January 16, 2008 - Sense...

Around ten last night I took a good hour to think about people. People I had known, had liked, had met, had been friends with. I picked up my year book, reminesced, and then got to thinking. People are so strange, or rather, so ordinary. The standard of the world is change. Change faces, change looks, change who we are on a daily basis. The question is always "who do I want to be today?". And because of this question, everything has maintained a constant state of fickleness. None of this world really matters.

Then I thought, "What does matter, then?" and came up with one answer. God. God makes perfect sense. God is backward in so many ways. He makes no sense in the definition of this world, but outside it, He is the only thing that matters. God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He is never changing. When everything around me (and, in fact, myself) is changing, God stays the same. The comfort of being able to lean on such a constant is amazing...

No comments:

Post a Comment